Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Status Quo

Many thanks to Husband, who bought me a Toshiba laptop with his birthday money, I am back in the business of finding more interesting things to do than housework. My protestations that he bought me a gift with his birthday money sounded weak and insincere because I was so happy and excited to have my own laptop. I will remind him he has only himself to blame when the house is a mess, dinner isn't cooked and the kids are pulling each others' hair out while I'm blithely tapping away on the keyboard. Ha ha. Just kidding. That's normal without the laptop.

Things that are happening:

1. Kids are back in school. Oh, the quiet.

2. Child Six is teething with a vengeance, which means long nights and baby pain medications.

3. I ordered a new Classic Batter Bowl from Pampered Chef because Six reduced the old one to sad little pieces of broken glass. And, speaking of broken glass, I foolishly set my glass 8" x 8" dish on the stove to melt some butter for Pineapple Upside-Down Cake. Wow. I didn't know it would explode like that. Fortunately I had my back to it when it exploded because the glass fragments literally blew out into the whole kitchen. I'm still finding pieces hiding behind things. Word to the wise.

4. Every time I think about the presidential elections I get sick to my stomach.

5. We are the proud owners of 10 (possibly 20) used library bookshelves we bid on in a government auction. They come from a university and they're big honkin' things, which is why we wanted them. We tend to collect books. We have shelves full of books and more piled up on the floor because we ran out of shelf space. Our plan is to create a library in the living room, since at this point the living room is a fairly functionless space except for the piano.

6. My brother moved back in while he looks for a job and/or furthur university schooling. The kids love having him here, though Oldest Child had to give up her beloved room for him. He's a great guy to have around: smart, funny, great with the nieces and nephews. And he's single, ladies. He cooks, he cleans, he's good-looking, and he just hasn't found the right girl yet. Comment if you want more information.

4 comments:

Mama Williams said...

Wow! I'm glad you weren't cut by all that flying glass. Guess it wasn't pyrex. Try melting butter in the microwave..less hazzardous. :)

The Father of Five said...

Another example on what a fine husband "Husband" is!

#4... The Party of Principal

Third Party... Make a stand... "They" need to know "we" are sick of having to choose between dumb and dumber....

#6 Yeah, ok.. He is smart, funny, great with the nieces and nephews, single, cooks, cleans, and he's good-looking...

Ok... I dont much care about the single, or good-looking - but if he is all these other things - he can come stay with ME! (grin)

Eva Aurora said...

Yes, WHM, I did learn my lesson. I thought it was pyrex, which is why I put it on the stove. Silly perforated me. Microwave all the way, baby.

FOF, I'll tell my brother you'd be happy to adopt him as a permanent house slave. He also gets the kids to do their chores. As it happens, he's looking for a job, which shouldn't be so hard for a guy with a bachelors in English.

Cynthia said...

Hey there~

Sounds like my potato mess. I'm glad you are alright. Glass is worse.

Send brother to talk to (sil)- Lisa in the 3rd she is still single too. Maybe there can be at least a date. LOL. ;}

CP