Sunday, August 31, 2008

Haiku For You

Oldest Child was bored last Sunday, so I told her to go write some haiku poetry. Astonishingly, she took my advice (usually my suggestions get the exasperated eye-roll from the girls). She wrote quite a few, so I thought I would include a sampling of the best ones here.

(Note: In this first one I substituted the first fictional four-syllable name that came to mind for Oldest Child's name. Her dad wouldn't let her use his work laptop.)

No laptops allowed
for Camber Delane to use.
That is just not fair.

~

A haiku is a
form of pretty poetry.
Give me Mother Goose.

~

Sibling 1 is weird.
She has a really thick head.
Nothing is in there.

~

Mom's shoes: fun to wear!
Flip-flops, sandals and tennies
They are too big.

~

I bought tons of pens.
Blue and red and pink ones, too.
I only need one.

~

I have a large beard.
It is quite bushy and cool.
Too bad I'm a girl.

~

Mosquito bites itch!
They hurt when I poke at them.
Mom says, "Stop poking!"

~

(The whole family got involved and things started to get silly, as exhibited by one of Husband's creations.)

Carrots in vomit:
Why are they always in there?
I didn't eat them!

3 comments:

The Father of Five said...

Those are some great works -
"Carrots" made me laugh out loud.
What wonderful fun!

Cynthia said...

For Child 1
Kudos to you! I just went through a unit study where we did Haiku poetry. You got a great jump you education. I am in college.

Cynthia

Lena said...

hahaha!!!