Thursday, August 21, 2008

36 Things About Husband You're Dying to Know

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HUSBAND! I wanted to do something special for him, so I thought I would borrow my friend, Allyson's, idea. She listed as many things people may not know about her as she is years old.

36 Things You May or May Not Know About Husband

1. He is "allergic" to cauliflower and brussels sprouts.

2. He comes from a little town in Wales, but strangely is not fluent in Welsh. He, can, however, speak a few words and knows how to say the longest village name in the world.

3. He sings well but won't admit it.

4. He likes country music. He's always making me listen to songs that get me all teary-eyed.

5. He has no use for Morris Dancing.

6. He knows The Princess Bride by heart.

7. He loves flavored milk, especially chocolate.

8. Though he has lived 10 years in Utah, he has never skied "the greatest snow on Earth."

9. He has five brothers and one sister.

10. He is the second oldest.

11. He is learning the saxophone.

12. He hates folding laundry but doesn't mind putting away the grocery shopping.

13. He won the Best of Festival award in a competitive film festival for his animated film.

14. Given enough time and interest, he can figure anything out.

15. He got straight A's through college, which he thinks is amusing as he did fairly poorly during elementary and high school.

16. He can put on just about any accent.

17. He once told off a General Authority who questioned his justification for marrying someone he met while on his mission (me). His answer to the GA was, "How did Nephi justify killing Laban? The spirit told him to do it. The spirit told me I am supposed to marry her, so who am I to argue?" Elder Pinnock (now deceased), couldn't refute that very well. They remained friends.

18. And speaking of odd ways to find the one you'll marry, he proposed to me over the phone. It was the most romantic phone call of my life.

19. He has developed his own clothing line called "I CAN Wear."

20. He can legally find anything for less than retail. Anything.

21. He is a writer. He has written and is in the process of writing some short stories. He has also written quite a few poems and songs.

22. He didn't used to be an avid reader until he married me. Now he loves to read.

23. He once bleached his hair a bright, sunshine-y yellow.

24. He likes pecan pie without the pecans.

25. He would rather eat dessert first and worry about the rest of the meal if there's time and interest.

26. He's a great storyteller.

27. He's also a great practical joker. He's gotten us all many times. At one time, he had my mother yelling "Crunchy Frog shake, please," at the drive-up window at Iceburg.

28. He had really curly hair as a child but didn't like it because his brother used to tease him.

29. If you say " G'day, Bruce" with an Australian accent, he knows exactly what you're talking about.

30. He thinks the TV show "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" is the best show on TV because it actually means something. It helps real people and brings out the best in neighbors and communities.

31. He refuses to wear socks with holes in them.

32. He's a great dad. The kids love playing with him and he comes up with the best games.

33. He also helps them with their homework whenever they need it, and somehow he can do it without making them scream in frustration (which is what they do with me). They come out laughing.

34. He's a great husband. He tells me he loves me every day, and he really means it. He also remembers things that I've mentioned that I like. I'll get them as a surprise in the mail (if he's ordered something) or he'll bring it home. He's very thoughtful.

35. He is an amazing man. He's intelligent, funny, compassionate, kind, practical, and he can't stand sitting around doing nothing. He tries to always be in tune with the spirit so that he can live the life he should and wants to do. I can't express my love and admiration for him.

36. He's ten months younger than me, the little rat.

4 comments:

The Father of Five said...

Wow! Husband sounds like a pretty remarkable (and talented) guy!!

Happy 36th Birthday to you Husband!

Mama Williams said...

Happy Birthday! That was a fun list to read. We think you both are pretty great!

Cynthia said...

Happy Birthday! Fun list to read. You always make it sound fun.

Shanna said...

37) he can get T going in 10 seconds flat or less

38) loves crem brole (or however its spelled) at The Roof restaurant in Salt Lake - I think he ate it all!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! So when are we going skiing? We can take the truck. lol We should make ice cream and brownies. Call me. And husband, when are we having that race on club penguin?