Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hair by Patrick

Well, I am fabulous.

Why? I just had my hair cut by Patrick, possibly the best hair stylist in the city. My mother gave me a gift card for Christmas and I put off using it for months and months because I was waiting for my hair to grow long enough to give him something to work with. The time came when I could not stand my grown-out cut one more day and I made the call. I have yet to find out what Husband thinks. If he really likes it then I will justify spending $40 a pop for a style.

After I came home I played with my makeup (I may be 36 but I'm still a girl) and gave myself some Rockstar eyes just for fun (really, really dark shadow all around) and tried some light pink gloss. I didn't have time to wash it off before the house erupted in its normal chaos, so I did the dishes looking glamorous. Well, I thought I was glamourous. The girls each came in and told me I was wearing too much makeup. We rockstars always wear too much makeup. It's the music in us.

Husband just came home and declared the hair cut a success. He also said I looked like I'd been punched in both eyes. I guess the Rockstar eyes are only for clubbing nights.

Husband and I both completely forgot our 14th wedding anniversary yesterday. We were sitting around in the evening and he looked over at me and said, "Happy anniversary," and I gasped with horror. Isn't it usually the wife who's supposed to be all upset when her husband forgets? I honestly hadn't even thought of it up to that point. At least Husband had remembered a few times throughout the day; he'd just forgotten to mention it when I was around. We ended up doing nothing. Oldest is at camp and she's our designated babysitter (lucky her), and we usually have to book my parents as babysitters. Maybe we'll get out this Friday and see a movie in a theater, something we haven't done in months. That would be fun.

For the record, I don't go clubbing. I'm waaaaay too tired in the evenings for that. The thought of going into a hot, crowded room and having my ears assaulted by deafening, bass-heavy music while lights flash on and off is no longer my idea of fun. That's how old I am. Now my idea of a night out is dinner and a movie, unaccompanied by children. We're home by 11.

6 comments:

Shanna said...

Hey we're not old we're cultured! Huge difference. We can bathe ourselves and don't have to eat steak through a straw. Culture girl, culture. Lol!

Shanna said...

Oh and yes, you are fabulous! Can't wait to see the new cut.

The Father of Five said...

So, when you say you are a "Rockstar", how many people people know that you actually ARE a Rockstar, and play on a GREAT CD !?!?

That is so totally Rockstar!!

Oh, and how weird is it that we have the same anniversary?!?!

Maybe it's the day.. Like you said in a world filled with divorce.. you guys with 14 and us with 15.. that is even more "Rockstar" in my book!

Are you going to "Facebook" the new doo?

Eva Aurora said...

Shanna, you're right. We're cultured. If we prefer the symphony over rave it's because we've grown up.
FOF, I didn't think about the fact that I really AM a rockstar! Thanks for reminding me. Ah, the good old day, playing for the band. Yes, I'll "Facebook" the new look. And I'm going with the rockstar eyes, too. How crazy is that??

Mama Williams said...

So good to hear from you! Great post! I would love to see you guys clubbing-LOL! Can't wait to see the new doo, you must post a pix. Thanks for the email.

Mama Williams said...

Welcome to the World of Blogging! It's great!