Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A couple weak and random thoughts

My mother-in-law gave me a fridge magnet that says, "Cleaning the house while the kids are growing is like shoveling snow while it's still snowing." That's so true, but it's probably more like shoveling snow while a snow plow is burying you in a 10 foot pile. You keep shoveling in desperation, but at some point you have to face the fact that you're losing the battle.

Why is it that I can tie the garbage bag around the trash can rim when I'm not thinking about it, but the moment I concentrate on it I simply can't do it? I also can't remember phone numbers unless I make my fingers push air telephone buttons.

How come you can't re-create the fabulous hairdo your stylist gave you? I'm not so fabulous anymore (help me, Patrick!), and I'm not sure even the rockstar eyes will help. They sure are fun to put on, though.

2 comments:

The Father of Five said...

Your mother-in-law sounds like a wise woman... much wiser than I - who keeps trying to "shovel".

--------------

As with the phone... I too memorize "patterns" - I can push the buttons, but ask me the number, and I'm lost..

This from a 911 dispatcher (who spends 1/3 of my day dialing telephones....)

Yikes!!!

Shanna said...

I keep telling you that you are fabulous regardless. You dont need Patrick or the Rock Star eyes (granted it is fun to get dolled up now and then) but you my dear are fabulous inside and it always shows on your outside too. You dont just look fabulous darling you are fabulous!

As for the air phone, I do that and my mom has two sayings about housework. 1) HOusework is only appreciated if you don't do it and 2) You can write your name in my dust just dont write the date! Keep sane. YOur kids are not going to remember how clean your house was but how much you loved them and spent time with them. You're a good mom. I know. Trust me. No really, trust me. lol