Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Houseboat Danger Dream

Here is a particularly vivid Danger Dream I had. It really freaked me out.

I am living on a houseboat with my family. We are in a harbor at the base of a city that covers a very steep hill, kind of like San Francisco. I know with absolute certainty that a tidal wave is approaching and we are all in danger, so I frantically run from boat to boat to warn our neighbors, but no one will take me seriously and leave. Finally, I run back to get my family up the hill. It is too late. The tidal wave washes over us and everything goes black.

The dream starts over again at the beginning, but only I can remember what happened the first time. Again the wave is approaching and I try to warn everyone. Again no one listens and the wave crashes on us before I can get my family to safety. Everything goes black.

The dream starts a third time. I don't even bother warning any of my neighbors because now I know they just won't listen. I get my family as far up the hill in the city as possible. We watch the wave crash into the harbor and gurgle almost half-way up the hill.

Here the dream changes and becomes less vivid, reverting into a normal abnormal dream.

No comments: