Friday, August 1, 2008

If guys ruled the world...oh wait, they do

I have a massive zit right smack dab in the middle of my chin. It's looking close to eruption, but since I'm not a zit-picker, I'm sure there are people I pass whose fingers just itch to pop it. Why have I not left that particular teenage angst behind? I use Clearasil, for goodness' sake.

I told my friend, Shanna, that I'm outing her on her use of Club Penguin for relaxation purposes. She borrows her daughter's penguin and then plays all the games. Apparently, she's really good at the sliding hill -- so good that other penguins get frustrated when they can't keep up. Those are the boy penguins. Even in the virtual world boys are competitive. I keep telling Husband that if enough guys find something interesting, eventually it will turn into a competition. Take Iron Chef, for example: a guy came up with that concept. It's not like women are stupid or anything, we just wouldn't normally equate cooking with a cut-throat, sweat-inducing, to-the-death duel.

What if guys suddenly became interested in things that normally attract women? Would we have X-treme Scrapbooking World Classics to watch on TV? We'd gather around with friends and family, snacks and appetizers spread across the table, and yell encouragement and abuse at the competitors. "Way to use the embosser!" "No! NO! NO! Why are you using the double-wave edge scissors on a geometrical design??? You idiot!"
And, of course, the crowd chant: "Crop it! Crop it!"
One of the refs would call on an off-sides glittering.
Yellow flag would be for overuse of glue.

Anyway, back to relaxing games you can secretly play, try Club Penguin or (Husband's favorite) Magic Pen. Or Monkey Kick-off will keep you mindlessly occupied for hours. Kids, too.

5 comments:

Shanna said...

You realize it's not fair to tell someone you are going to out them after they have had a shot of demerol right? I have no recollection of this conversation. It may be true, I do play (and I am good and have the boys get mad and refuse to play) so either I confessed or you are a psychic. Yeah, I blabbed.

Eva Aurora said...

Oooh, sorry. I forgot that you were under the influence of a pain killer and wouldn't necessarily have a memory of our conversation. Forgive me. Forgive me again when you read the next posting.
And why are you just assuming that you talked? Is it such a stretch to believe that I'm psychic?

Flibbit Cranklewisp said...

Wife,

In my defense I do... OK I have no defense but as they say...

Fine, this is why I do not leave comments. Anyway I have played club penguin and I rock! Yes, I am proud to say I can beat the kids at nearly any game. I play "old school." I was playing video games when it was an asterisk jumping over an exclamation point. AND WE LOVED IT! I used to load in my video games via cassette into my 48K Sinclair Spectrum. I was so good I took Port Vale from the 4th division to the top of the 1st division (before the Premiere Division existed)- English football for the confused. Now you know. Anyone who can do that can beat any stupid penguin game blindfolded, gagged, ear plugged, and with toilet paper shoved up their nose.
Consider this a comment.
Husband

Shanna said...

Husband,
I challenge you to a sledding race down the black diamond hill on club penguin. You pick the place and time.

Mama Williams said...

You are so very funny! LOL! Crop it! I love it! You make a good point and funny at the same time. By the way, I have no idea what club Penguin is...please elaborate.