Saturday, August 9, 2008

Six Word Memoir and Finish These Five

A long time ago (but not in a galaxy far, far away), the Father of Five asked me to come up with a Six Word Memoir. I have not forgotten. In fact, my mind has been churning it over and over, my subconscious messing around with different things (sort of the 1000 monkeys typing idea; eventually something coherent is bound to come out, right?) and I have now (trumpet fanfare) completed my task. It isn't funny or witty or Mark Twain clever, but it is truly what I believe about my life. I have had amazing experiences and met incredible people. That hasn't stopped. So, without more ado, here's my Six Word Memoir:

Everything that's important I already have.

And now, I 'm going to borrow another idea from the Father of Five. It's a meme he was sent, but I won't tag anyone (mostly because I haven't progressed to the point of even knowing how yet), so if you also use this idea, leave me a comment and I will read your blog. C'mon, it'll be fun. It's called

Finish These Five
1. Ten years ago...
2. Five things on today's "to do" list
3. Five snacks I enjoy
4. Five things I would do if I were a millionaire
5. Five places I have lived

1. Ten years ago I was expecting my third child. We had been living in Utah for about a year and Husband was working as a physical therapy assistant. I was working part-time for a bookstore -- mostly for fun as I didn't make much. We lived in a small apartment with no yard for the older two girls to play.

2. Five things on today's "to do" list: laundry (incompleted. The washer isn't spinning for some mysterious reason), clean something (completed. We went and bought a thrift store shelf to put all the kitchen appliances on, and now I have COUNTER SPACE!!!), clean something else (incompleted, unless Children Five and Six count), come up with something for dinner (completed. I really have started hating cooking. After 14 years it seems to have lost some of its charm. But, tonight, the kids and Husband got a little treat: nouilles et fromage en casserole. Okay, it's just macaroni and cheese, but they got fed, didn't they? And I cooked it from scratch.), and finish my book (completed. It was A Day In The Life of Ivan Denisovich, by Alexander Solzhenitsyn. And it's good.)

3. Five snacks I enjoy: Haagen-Dazs has this incredible ice-cream out right now. It's called "Fleur de Sel Caramel" and it's described thusly: "Fleur de Sel caramels covered in a chocolaty coating blended into caramel ice cream with caramel ribbons and French sea salt accents;" corn chips and cottage cheese; Cock and Bull brand ginger beer; blueberries with cream and sugar (anytime, anywhere, every day, for any meal. I LOOOOOVE blueberries.); leftover pizza (again, anytime, anywhere, every day for any meal. I love pizza).

4. Five things I would do if I was a millionaire: pay off the mortgage, pay off the student loan, invest some, set my parents up for retirement (I'm assuming I have multiple millions, not just one), anonymous charitable donations.

5. Five places I have lived: California, Idaho, Minnesota, Wisconsin and England.

My brain is not working tonight (probably the French food, ha ha) but I still managed to spit out quite long answers to these simple five questions. Answer them for yourself and let me know. I'll be interested to see what you have to say.

3 comments:

Shanna said...

I read your memior and what did I have to say? "You are fabulous!" and i sincerely mean it. I don't think I could agree more. I have to give a talk in church at the end of the month about noticing the many blessings we have all the time and if I may I would like to use that. Let me know. I'll think about the five. Talk to you later.

The Father of Five said...

Wow... And I thought mine was pretty good.. It was worth the wait!!

GREAT JOB!

Eva Aurora said...

Shanna, you have permission, and I'm flattered.

FOF, thanks, and your Six Word Memoir was great, too. I thought it was really funny and true to life.