Saturday, August 28, 2010

Rejected Facebook Statuses

I need sugar. I haven't allowed myself to spend any money on sweets, and I have talked myself out of baking anything of a dessert nature, much to my family's dismay. I'm not doing it for the weight loss potential. Seriously, I could eat or not eat and I would still hover in the very same 5 pound zone forever. Even exercise doesn't make me drop weight, although I love the muscles. I'm doing it because I'm saving my money for better things, like vegetables and fruits. And hash browns for Cheesy Ranch Potato Bake. But I may just break down and bake something delicious before I go to choir practice tonight, hoping the family will leave me a wedge. What will it be? Cake? Pie? Plum cobbler? Pie?

Just now, I got so hungry I speared a hot dog on a fork, slathered it with ketchup and ate it. I vow to never, ever do that again.

I am as excited about going to choir practice tonight as a teenage girl getting ready for the hottest date of her life. THAT is how much I love this choir. And THAT is how long it's been since I've been a teenage girl.

And now, I'm off to wash a load of whites.

No comments: