Sunday, August 29, 2010

Picking Plums and a Busy Kitchen

This post may only be interesting to my immediate family, most of whom do not actually read this. I think my dad does, occasionally, and Husband when I sit him down and say, "Read this and tell me if it stinks or what." He usually tells me it's an okay post and even kind of funny, which is why I keep him around. That and I love to hear him sing in the shower. I am hoping my youngest brother and youngest sister, who live far away from the rest of us, also check in once in a while.

So, anyway, a bunch of family came over last Sunday for a family dinner, as frequently happens, and my dad had his new camera. With said camera, he took a series of videos, which he then uploaded to my computer. I, being the brilliant technician that I am, uploaded them to YouTube (motto: If Eva Aurora can figure this out, it's easy!), and now I share them with you. There is no rhyme or reason in these clips. They are just a slice of life.

The first one is of Husband, my brother (we'll call him Aaron), my mother, and my children (minus Joseph) out in the backyard picking plums from our prolific trees. I want you to notice Little Gary with his uncle. He loves Uncle Aaron dearly and is always excited to have him over. Alas, the lawn has had a tough summer, so it's a bit dry.



This clip is of the inside of the house, specifically the kitchen. My mom, in the blue blouse, is making her famous chocolate lava cake, I'm peeling potatoes while talking to Sian, Husband is in the orange shirt, and Gabrielle does all the posing. The cat is Lincoln, Gabrielle's baby.

2 comments:

Kimara said...

You have inspired me to try and post a video! Looks like fun at your house.

Eva Aurora said...

I hope to see a video from you soon! Our house is a place of much noise, most of the time. Especially on nights when everyone is over. It's a happy noise.