Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Text R Us

Update on Husband: So far, he hasn't made it home yet. Every night Husband has developed a little fever, which means another 24 hours in the hospital and sometimes more blood cultures.

When I went up there yesterday, we had a lot of visitors from various departments come and speak to us. The guy who coordinates with the insurance companies was especially nice as he informed us that having a nurse come to our house to draw blood and administer the drug that promotes white blood cell growth is cheaper than coming all the way in to the clinic. He even said we have pretty good insurance, which is nice to know. At least our deductibles aren't so high that we would never have a prayer of paying them off. Each of those white blood cell promoting shots cost between $3000 and $6000. Cough, cough.

Husband managed to walk 12 laps around the floor he's on, which equals one mile. The nurses kept telling him that exercise is a great fatigue-buster and is much better than sitting around napping all day. Unfortunately, by the time I left last night, Husband felt pretty awful and had absolutely no appetite for his fish, onion rings, and apple pie he'd ordered. That's the chemo, which suppresses the appetite center in the brain.

It was thought I'd be taking Husband home today, but he developed yet another fever last night and he's feeling pretty awful today. I don't know if they'll keep him in or send him home.

.....................

I mentioned a while ago that I might be getting a better job in the company I freelance for. I did get it. I will now be given some website text to write, which I've had a lot of experience doing. The pay is much better and there are fewer words per page, so that's a bonus. Plus, no contact with clients, which takes a lot of time. I imagine I will still take on the articles I already write, as well, so I can bring in some real money. (Ha ha ha ha! Real money from writing. That's too funny.). I am, however, considering offering my services to the world at large as an editor. That might bring in something as people realize that good content is crucial for internet search marketing and the search engine algorithms that companies like Google use.

I don't have much time these days, what with shuttling between home and hospital and getting stuff done in the cracks. I stay up way too late catching up. I'll try to be more interesting very soon. It will help when Husband is home!

1 comment:

Linnea said...

You're amazing--such a great example for me!!