Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Patient UNO Player

Finally, I am posting the little video of my brother I wanted to show you. This is Aaron with Little Gary and Elannah, patiently playing UNO. Every time he comes over, he indulges my children by playing game after game, which is something I don't often do with them. They absolutely love it, of course. After a while, he'll pull out the guitar and, like last Sunday, play a blues riff while they sing the blues they spontaneously make up on the spot. The next video of him I post will hopefully be of his classical guitar-playing abilities.

Happy belated birthday, Aaron. You're a wonderful man, brother, son, and uncle. Now, when are you getting married? (sorry. that was from the kids. Ha ha ha)



In the news of cancer department, there really isn't any yet. No solid diagnosis, and they're not starting chemo now until possibly Monday. When Husband called to see if they had any answers for him, they admitted that they still are not sure what it is. They're thinking that it might be the hairy cell leukemia variant, which isn't quite as nice a leukemia to have as the classic hairy cell. We were quite depressed about that for a while today. However, we rallied as we talked about nutrition and how the body will cure itself if given the right tools. Starting from now, Husband will no longer be consuming sugar or refined flours, as those are cancer foods. It will take a bit of adjustment, but I'm determined to feed him the way I should have been feeding our whole family for all these years: lean proteins, whole grains, legumes, plenty of fresh and frozen vegetables and fruits (fruits in moderation, and with meals), along with probiotics and prebiotics, and good, clean water. He'll also need to be consuming all his vitamins and minerals, so somehow I need to get him quality supplements.

I took him to the thrift store today, where he bought a bunch of spiritually inspiring books. It wore him out to go, but he figures he's watched enough TV and he's done wasting so much time. It doesn't matter how much time he has left -- whatever he has left, he's going to put it to good use and learn quality stuff. When he got home, he played a long Monopoly game with Elannah, and afterwards, he hung out with Joseph in the family room.

I will post little updates on Husband's well-being, but I'm not going to dwell on cancer until we know what it is. At this point, it looks like we won't know until Monday.

2 comments:

The Father of Five said...

Continued Prayers.

Kimara said...

I have been thinking of you all day. I am glad for the update. I want you to know you are in my thoughts please keep us posted.