Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Boy Joseph

Update on Husband: The chemo side effects are starting to kick in, and they are not all that fun so far. Husband went to bed as soon as we got home from his appointment today, and hasn't been out of the room since. He's feeling weak and as if he's coming down with the flu. We're watching his temperature closely because if he gets to 100.5 degrees F. the doctor instructed us to call her. I hate watching him go through this without being able to do anything about it.

..................

I'm a little stressed, so coming up with anything to blog about that is remotely coherent or even interesting is an impossible task at the moment.

Here is a note that Joseph's Primary (Sunday School for children) teacher wrote just before she moved. I thought it was funny.

I have enjoyed getting to know Joseph in my class. I appreciate as a teacher that he shows up almost every week. Joseph is a very smart boy. At first I thought he wasn't listening or didn't know very many answers. Then I realized he is a SMART kid! He was answering everything backwards of the right answer. He knows a lot of the scripture stories. His favorite ones are the fighting ones. He loves to participate and talk about his family. We had a lesson on repentance and he really thinks his sisters need to repent more. It made me laugh! I am going to miss him and his happy smile! I hope you like your new teacher.

I do find the fact that he likes to talk about his family just a wee bit ominous, as I have been in classes of that age group and have learned far more about their families than their parents ever wanted me to know.

3 comments:

Linnea said...

So I guess I'm lucky for not having ominous feelings about Nathan sharing "stuff" about our family--thanks to speech stuff. It's OK--Ivy has broken me in enough that I don't think we have any secrets. At. All.

We want to mow your lawn tomorrow. At least the front. I hope he gets feeling better and that this means the treatments are successful.

Eva Aurora said...

Aw, thanks, Linnea. I didn't see your comment until late on Saturday night, so the lawn mowing will have to wait, I imagine. Not a great Sabbath activity. I so appreciate the sentiment!

Eva Aurora said...

I was informed that your son kindly came over and mowed the front and the back lawns yesterday. I didn't even look at them when I got home. Thank you so much, and tell Ethan thank you. I'll also see you at church and thank you. I really appreciate that.