Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Endings

Apparently, I am weak on my endings. This is what I've determined after having several of my guest blog posts returned in order for me to spruce up the endings. I can see it now that it's been pointed out, but I can also see how that applies to a lot of areas of my life. I'm usually pretty good at beginnings. When I finally begin something, I begin in a big way; I even last until I'm past the middle part. But when it comes to the end, whether it's my articles or guest posts or a project, I stumble. Either I lose interest or I fizzle out and leave things a little undone.

It's a lesson to myself. I have a goal to change that. And today, in the four blog posts I have to write, I will concentrate on making the endings strong and vibrant so the readers (reader? Do any people actually read those things or am I writing completely into a void?) finish with a sense of completion and satisfaction -- or, as satisfied as one can feel about a post written on the different types of filling machines.

I'm kidding. I do get to write about other things, most of which I have never contemplated at much length before: jobs of the future, mistakes people make when trying to sell stuff on the internet, honeymoons in Florida, etc. The greatest advantage to what I do is that I learn a lot of new things, if only in big enough chunks to write something that can imitate expertise. While this might make me dangerous, I do have some great ideas about honeymooning in Florida, if anyone cares to ask.

The End.

2 comments:

Linnea said...

Great ending and great post! I love reading your stuff!!

Eva Aurora said...

Thanks, Linnea! :)