Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Alter Ego

I know, I know. I'm lacking in the picture department again. I do plan to remedy that with an entire blog post dedicated to me making faces. Or not. I was thinking about doing a sort of "My Day in Pictures" idea, but you'd all be very bored to see 100 photos of me sitting at my computer cranking out web text. I might still do it but just pretend that my life is crazy and adventurous -- even a little dangerous! (cue Mission:Impossible theme music. Doom, doom, DOOM DOOM, doom, doom, DOOM DOOM, BAH dah yah! BAH da ya...)I'll be sure to add the pictures of me cooking against all odds in the kitchen and making my bed on the very cusp of danger.

I should be careful. Being flippant about my fairly calm and mundane daily tasks might just jinx me with some horrible surprise or other. Goodness knows we don't need another one of those weeks like the one when we found out Husband had leukemia. Calm is good. Though I wouldn't mind the sudden announcement that we were going on vacation to somewhere lovely and completely catered, I like the ability to easily predict what will happen in my day.

Don't believe a word of it! She has the wanderlust so bad she has to make a conscious decision NOT to drive to Las Vegas every time she gets near the freeway.

Husband and I went to Home Depot and bought a test pot of paint. When we got home, I put a whole bunch onto the wall in the kitchen that isn't visible to anyone unless you walk all the way into the room. It's a gray green/blue, and I love it. It's so soothing.

She wants to paint the floors black, but Husband won't let her.

I had the remains of a roasted chicken in the fridge, so I made a homemade chicken-vegetable soup with whole wheat spiral noodles. It was pretty good because I put enough pepper in it to give it a kick. A buttered slice of sourdough bread made it a treat.

She fooled herself into thinking the kids would like it, but she found a bowl full of someone's rejected soup sitting on the floor for the cats, who didn't like it, either. She should have gone for pizza and blown every last cent in her checking account. C'mon! Throw caution to the wind!

All right. I guess an introduction is in order. Meet my alter ego, Aggressa.

That is the stupidest name I have ever heard. I prefer Isis. I call you Molly. And if you let me out more, we wouldn't have separate names. Remember when we were one and the same? Good times.

Anyway, I'll end this now before we have an argument and people think I've got a split personality.

Let's go to Las Vegas. Then we'll just keep driving until we hit the ocean.

Good night.

2 comments:

Kimara said...

I love Aggressa! I have a different conversation going on in my brain all the time! Black floors though really.....I think not!

Linnea said...

I feel odd after reading this post...like I can hear another voice in my head. Let's go to Vegas and find catered everything together!! And NOT EVER paint the floor black....I'm making my kitchen table black, though...