Monday, September 8, 2008

Welcome back. WAAAAAH!


Yes, we're back from Nauvoo. The wedding was lovely. The bride was beautiful (I mean, really! She is gorgeous. And she's a great person, too. My brother-in-law is lucky!). The Nauvoo temple was a wonderful place to be. What a splendid building. And no kids with us. Heaven.

I did mention the kids were not with us, right? And then I said, "Heaven." Remember that part?

My parents watched the kids while we were gone, and they seemed to behave pretty well for them. The kids, I mean. Behaved. My mom did all the grandma things like making cookies and cooking fabulous dinners designed to make small children say "YAY!"

Then we came home.

Child Six, who apparently did just fine and went to bed with no problems while I was gone, didn't stop screaming for two days after the initial joy that I was back. Mainly it was because he didn't appreciate being weaned. Heck, had I not been so adamant about the weaning thing, I would have nursed him just for the relief of it, both to my ears and to my...well, 'nuf said. He's finally adjusting, poor thing. Boys are much harder to wean, I think. They really find a great deal more comfort in it than even baby girls.

The rest of the kids are fighting as per the norm (the norm is that they fight when they're bored or angry about something and want someone to take it out on, much like adults, really). Status quo. Today Child Four called Five a "peckerface," and I sat her down and informed her what that really meant. She was properly abashed and apologized. She really likes to experiment with words she hears at school, so she and I have had frequent discussions about the true meanings of what sound like funny names to call people. Later, she came to me in tears and admitted that she had again been angry with Five and had called him a "jerk." She felt really bad. I don't have nearly the problem with "jerk" that I do with "peckerface," but I can't let her go around calling everyone names. We had another talk.

Child Three gave me a kiss good-night and did a little chest thump with her fist and held out two fingers and her thumb. "Word," she said. Well, I don't worry about the whole socialization thing with them going to public school. It seems they're getting quite the education.

I have just started a cleanse for thirty days. It was absolutely necessary. Even on vacation I got no real rest. I would sleep and wake up more tired than when I went to bed, which has been going on for a while. Anemia, I think. When I forget to take my iron I start dragging around like a zombie on sleeping pills. I am just grateful I don't have a craving for human flesh.

I won an award for my blog! I will post more about this tomorrow. Also, remember those bookcases I was lamenting about not getting due to crappy service? More on those tomorrow, too. And it's good news!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Congrats on a new family member!

Too bad you couldn't stop by, we are only 5 hours away from there. Went there with Elder P in April. You guys look great. And so happy.
CP