Thursday, September 25, 2008

We don't need no stinkin' black pudding!

Sorry I haven't written in a few days, but I was baking. I made bread, waffles, pretzels and more bread. I also made cheese, which turned out a lot like mozzerella but without quite the same smooth-melting properties. Today, for a change, maybe I'll make pancakes. If I make enough waffles and pancakes and then freeze them, the kids can heat them up in the mornings while I'm groggily dealing with my magnetic pillow and Child Six. Sure, pancakes and waffles are only PART of a nutritious breakfast, but even if I was in a state to be cooking up a farmhand's breakfast, half the kids won't eat meat and the other half don't like eggs. I supppose I could do an English breakfast and fry up some bread, tomatoes, beans, mushrooms and bacon (for the meat lovers), but get serious: Is this ever going to happen on a weekday?



And NIX on the black pudding. No way are my kids eating congealed pig's blood in sausage form early in the morning, even if they are in trouble for not getting their chores done.



Anyway, thanks to those of you who contributed ideas for posts. Expect to see those soon. Gotta go. I got bakin' to do!

2 comments:

Josh said...

I'm hoping the bread, waffles, pancakes, pretzels, etc. were all made with whole wheat flour to bring down your net carbs

Eva Aurora said...

Hey, thanks for caring! I did grind all the wheat myself. Then I made sure the kids had sugary jam, peanut butter and syrup to load on the whole wheat products because that's just the kind of mom I am!