Saturday, September 20, 2008

Chard

The dining room carpet came out today, and the floors are paint-speckled and have some other interesting problems. Wheee! Husband is dead tired after all that work. I took Child Six out of the house to prevent any injuries to his little self. We went to the park and to a discount store to look around until we got the all-clear to come back home.

I was going to make something to use up the swiss chard in the fridge but I can't find the recipe I had for it. Not to worry, though. When I answered the kids' questions about what dinner would consist of, Husband said sarcastically, "Mmmmm! Sounds good." The word "chard" doesn't conjure up good images, I suppose, if you don't know if you like it or not.

Chard, chard, chard.

It starts sounding strange when you say it over and over.

Rhymes for "chard:" lard, pard, tard, guard, bard, card, hard, yard, shard, pumpkin.

No, pumpkin doesn't technically rhyme but I was thinking about making pumpkin soup and it erupted from my stream of consciousness.


Look, I know this posting is silly but what are ya gonna do? Write a comment with your topic of choice and I will make a post out of it. Then you have vested interest in reading this. Maybe I WON'T write about chard and pumpkins. One can always hope.

3 comments:

MKShelley said...

Anorexia

Shanna said...

You talked about mine - the mystery of the bookshelves. I'll try to come up with another one. How about first kisses? That should give you something to work from between mine and mkshelley's. I'm looking forward to seeing what people give you for topics.

David S. said...

More chard! All chard, all the time!