Saturday, March 21, 2009

List #14: Funny Quotes From Movies or TV Shows

These are from movies and TV shows that I have watched. I didn't go to the internet for random quotes. You have to be impressed that I could recall as many of these as I have, as I can think of something and then wonder what that thing was about 5 seconds later.

1. "Radiation has made me an enemy to society, eh." (Strange Brew)
2. "That's what they all say. They all say d'oh." (Chief Wiggum of The Simpsons, when he is arresting Homer. The first time I heard that I think I laughed for half an hour straight. It just struck me as hilarious the way Chief Wiggum said it so calmly.)
3. "Phew! What smells like big business?" (Spongebob in the Spongebob Squarepants episode (I believe it's called "Jellyfish Jam" from Season 1) where the elusive blue jellyfish kidnaps Spongebob in order to expose Mr. Krabs' evil plan. In context, it's a riot.)
4. "I want my two dollars!!" (Classic line from Better Off Dead.)
5. Agent 23: We don't follow the rules then what are we?
The Chief: We're not people who jam staples into other peoples' heads. That's CIA crap. (From Get Smart, the movie)


Sorry, folks. That's all the time I have for now. Add your own favorite funny quotes in the comments.

3 comments:

Mama Williams said...

My sister's and I quote #4 often. We also love quotes from "Overboard", "She Needs food, and this is fun"! (as they are throwing grapes at her in a catatonic state) LOL!

The Father of Five said...

I could go on and on with this one.. But I had to add...

(Also from Better off Dead)

"You better shave her a little closer before you kiss her goodnight."

Much like your spongebob quote... I was at a Church Youth Activity when I saw this movie for the first time.

When I saw that scene, I belly laughed with one of the assistant youth ministers for EASILY 30 minutes...

Anonymous said...

"talking frog: not a good minion."
Goob, "Meet the Robinsons"

"You heard me, I have to squeeze the lemon." Max Smart in "Get Smart" (and I'm not proud how that makes me laugh everytime I hear it)

"They hate you and we're bringing them food. I love you, and I go hungry. I've changed my mind; I don't love you anymore. Can I eat now?" Much, to Robin Hood in the BBC Robin Hood (Who Shot the Sheriff)

"I'm only at this fascist rally because my daughter has assured me it is essential to her happiness that I be here." Senator Jordan to the evil woman in "The Manchurian Candidate" (the original with Frank Sinatra and Angela Lansbury)

I know there are more rolling around in my brain, but these are the ones I can think of right now.

(Fabulous blog idea, by the way!)