Thursday, June 26, 2008

Stitches and Stories

I have tried to post a couple times, only to be foiled when my post was inexplicably erased with no chance of retrieval.

First of all, Child Four is doing just fine, and thank you to all who expressed concern and sent their best wishes. She gets the stitches out in about six days. They are looking good and I don't see any signs of infection. Although she doesn't want to go through that sort of ordeal again, she found it nice when people would give her treats and cards just for getting hurt. She's up and running around as well as she can with a straight leg, but when I ask her to do something or get her chores done (if she is going to run around, I figure she can get her chore done) her leg suddenly hurts. It's weird how that happens...

Husband and I started reading the series by Stephanie Meyer (first book entitled Twilight) because it's become all the rage with young teenage girls, Oldest Child being in that number of enamored readers. It's well written and compelling. I'm waiting for Oldest to finish the third book so I can read it. I'm hooked now. It's amazing how many really great books end up being shelved in the Young Adult section at the library, missed by most adult readers. The Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer is another example. Of course the books in that section tend to be about children or teens, but many times the writing is excellent.

I can't really think of anything interesting to write today. I've been reading too much to think about anything except the absolute necessities: what to make for dinner, do I really really have to go and put another load of laundry in, are the kids killing each other, that kind of thing. I will try to think of something better tomorrow, gentle reader.

No comments: