Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Suckered

Twitter, like Pinterest, is something I've mostly avoided. I don't even have a Pinterest account because I figure I waste enough minutes and hours on Facebook that I can't justify getting involved with yet another internet time suck. When I make my living working on the computer, it's all too easy to find distractions.

I just caught up on my book club, pie, and entertainment interests on Twitter after literally months (and possibly years) of being away. For some reason, I hadn't seen it all before. I didn't know how much I had missed.

I got a pretty negative impression of Twitter after I'd first signed up and immediately received a message from an internet prostitute that caused my eyebrows to climb into my hairline. As I hadn't indicated whether  I was male or female, I guess the woman (or company software, most likely) figured there was a 50/50 chance I'd be interested. They probably target all new male or non-gender-specific account holders. She quit following me when I failed to take the bait.

I have no real point here. I now suspect that the part of my brain that wants to go outside and play has once again successfully distracted me from my editing and writing responsibilities. Well played.

No comments: