Friday, January 23, 2009

A Question of my Sanity

I've been skimming over the last month's or so posts. Zzzzzzz. Wow, sorry, guys! What a load of sleepers I've been sending out into the ether! The problem is that I haven't felt any inspiration. I have been running around so much -- which in itself is highly unusual for me and not at all my chosen mode of living -- that I have had no time to collect any thoughts. Not that I have produced any thoughts to collect. It's all a jumble of laundry, house refurbishing projects, math assessment tests, soccor sign-ups, trumpet teacher searches and menu plans that nothing of any profundity can take hold, much less take root. I even watched the inaugeration of our new president with a certain sense of displacement. Yeah, nice speech, whatever, on with life. Wait, the benediction was comedic? Is that reverent? Still, no time to ponder. Must do.

I am not a doer. I am a thinker. This is all very new and disturbing to me. Even my dreams have a scatterbrained quality to them that is not restful. I know people do this, this frantic pace of life, and do it well, but I was never one of them. I must meditate. I must ponder. Otherwise I am awash in a sea of chaos, drowning.

I suppose I'll find the balance soon, or something will have to give. I'll let you know if it's my sanity. Or, rather, you'll notice before I do. Please be kind and tell me if I've gone insane. That's what friends do. Thanks.

4 comments:

Shanna said...

If you are questioning your sanity and I love your blog does that mean I am sane or insane? Lol!

Eva Aurora said...

Shanna, we all know you're crazy. But in a good way. :)

Anonymous said...

I know of an excellent trumpet teacher; I'd be glad to give you relevant information and then you decide if his price and times are good for you or not.

Rachel Milne (i think you have my number)

Musical Melodie said...

You're not insane... you just feel like you are, therefore you act like it. :)
It's not your fault. It is the fault of some random person that you've never met. That's how I calm down sometimes. ;)