Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Laboratory of His Dreams

"I'm going to build my laboratory today!," announced Child Five, smacking his little fist onto his open palm to emphasize his decision and determination.

"I'm going to have a TV, the Wii, my games, a comfy chair to sit in..." His eyes went misty and far-away. For a few minutes he just sat there, thinking happy thoughts. Then he snapped out of it.

"Mom, I'll need some boards and some nails and a hammer. Right NOW! I have to get started. When will my laboratory be done? I'm building a small slide and a big slide. Okay? Thumbs up!"

He's so excited. So animated. He's got ideas for passwords and food and everything that will make this the bestest place in the world for a four year old boy to retire to when the world gets to be too much for him. Or just for fun.

The entry slide will be so long you'll "sleep til Friday" while sliding to the entry door, but you can't go on the slide until you get into your play clothes. The password is "I love Mom" (awwww!).

All are invited.

When it's built, I'll let you know.

3 comments:

The Father of Five said...

I'll bring some board games!!

Shanna said...

Ask five if he will custom build when he is done. He knows the place. Lol! He is awesome! Sure you don't want to give him to me? The dog would only be a small problem. Well, ok a problem, okay so a huge, okay so no! You don't have to yell. Geez!

Musical Melodie said...

Where is he going to build it? I wanna see that slide! I'd love to sleep till friday!