Wednesday, November 26, 2008

SF Nerds, Unite!

Yesterday after picking up Oldest Child from orchestra practice, I pulled up behind a tidy red minivan with a "Starfleet Academy" bumper sticker in the back window. Because the sticker was so unassuming, it took me a minute to register. Then I laughed. And then I had to explain to Oldest Child why I was laughing.

Here are a few ideas for other acceptable bumper stickers, as discussed by Husband and me later in the evening, between bouts of laughter.

"My child is an honor student at Starfleet Academy"


"This car runs on naquida"


"If you can read this, you're frakked"


"Borg vs. Wraith"



"This Car Is Built By AMERICAN Replicators"



I know there's at least one sf nerd out there laughing with me. If so, divert power from life support to the port and starboard nacells and comment with your idea for a bumper sticker.




5 comments:

Eva Aurora said...

Really? No one? Am I being way too obscure?

The Father of Five said...

No... I'm a Star Wars guy... Seems like most Star Wars folks are less Star Trek, and Star Trek folks are less Star Wars..

Just an observation.

Eva Aurora said...

I didn't realize this. I am probably in the Star Trek camp then, although I love Star Wars, too. I've very indiscriminate when it comes to science fiction, unless it has a lot of bad words and vividly graphic scenes (you know what I'm talking about, wink, wink, nudge, nudge). That sort of stuff we don't need any frakkin' more of.

Eva Aurora said...

Just for the record, I referenced Star Trek, Stargate SG-1, Battlestar Galactica, and Stargate Atlantis.

Musical Melodie said...

I love the picture. You'd win the whole campaign if you had that. Or at least all of the Star Trek nerds would vote for you. Either way, it's funny!