Wednesday, November 19, 2008

More about me. What a shock.

I have this weird line in the layout I'm trying to fix. Something went a little screwy with the HTML code, I guess. Now ask me if I could do anything about it without Husband's constant guidance.

No. And thank you for asking.

Husband is at another round of Parent/Teacher Conferences. He had them only a few weeks ago, as well, but because he's doing a special "extended contract" he teaches two tracks at the same time in his year-round school. He teaches Track A and Track D. Sometimes they're on at the same time, sometimes he only has one track in the classroom. But he still has to do conferences for each track. With all the bishoping stuff he has to do this week, plus the conferences, I may see him once in a while. I hope.

For lack of anything better to write about, I've decided to write about myself. Some of you may be surprised. I hardly ever write about myself in here. (Read that sarcastically, with your mouth pulled into a sneer) (and roll your eyes).

A recently found friend (Laurie) suggested I expand my List of Things You Might Not Know About Me from 37 to 100. I don't know if it can be done, but I'm willing to take up that challenge. I may have to go in stages, though, unless my brain suddenly erupts with youthful vigor and creativity. Ha. I've been thinking about food all day, mainly because I ran out of food money for the month and I'm forced to get creative with what's in food storage. Thus, I'm hungry. I don't feel like doing a lot of scratch cooking today; at this point, I'm even considering snarfing down the whole bottle of red ginger I know is lurking on the third shelf of the frig. So far I've resisted. I even exercised this morning.

Anway, to return to my list:

38. I am Queen of the Universe (possibly the Multiverse) in air hockey.

39. I only floss the teeth I want to keep.

40. I play a lot of ragtime music on the piano.

41. I still occasionally daydream about being in a rock band. I just think that would be cool. My kids would be completely embarrassed since I can't really sing or play any band intruments, but wouldn't it be cool?

42. I've always wanted to dye my hair bright blue but probably never will.

43. I broke my foot and then, two years later, I badly sprained my ankle, both times during ballet rehearsals for The Nutcracker.

44. I'm a Winter.

45. I've saved all the letters I've ever received.

46. When I was in junior high school I memorized the Deseret Alphabet, the phonetic language the early Church invented but never really used. I took all my notes in it, and I got so good at it I could write as fast as usual. I saved one of those notebooks and it all looks like gibberish to me now.

47. When I got called as the Young Women President, I felt exactly like the nerd I was in high school (and, obviously, junior high. Read #46) when I walked into that room full of young women. That feeling never went away. I guess I have issues.

48. I am on the Emergency Preparedness Committee in my ward and I am in charge of keeping The Master List. I tremble at the responsibility. I just hope I don't lose it.

That's it for me today. Dinner is ready, everyone's hungry, and I have a meeting tonight. I know you're asking what I managed to make for dinner out of food storage.

Chicken-Chili-Cheese Casserole, to which I added enchilada sauce, olives and beans. I'll let you know how it's received.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Good progress on the list!

Being in YW as an adult unearthed my feelings of nerdiness too, but it also helped me conquer them (somewhat) as it forced me to participate in some activities (mainly camping) that I avoided as a youth.

Musical Melodie said...

I remember when I was in youth.. haha! We used to play all of the tricks we could on the youngest ones at camp. Oh, I got pranked too. (Twinkies filled with toothpaste.) But I remember that my friend had allergies and so she ate two. I remember tellling her that she was going to die.