Tuesday, August 15, 2023

It's Only Cute When the Baby Is Chubby

I've been on this eating roller coaster enough times to know what's up: when I eat very few carbs, I feel good. When I eat sugars and junk, I feel bad. 

That seems pretty obvious, right? Well, I constantly learn the hard way, but only because when I'm the one in charge of cooking for everyone, it's a lot easier to get lazy or distracted or busy and make an excuse for eating what I know does not work for me but is tasty. 

In the run-up to Elannah's wedding, I fell off the wagon again. When I eat carby foods, I crave carbs and don't feel satiated, and unless I'm completely dedicated and have steel-hard self will, I sink further and further into the morass of delicious decadence. That will be me in Dante's third circle of Hell unless I sort myself out. Say hi on your tour of the inferno! 

Fortunately, I have noted the major changes to my mental and physical health, and this knowledge helps me get back to making better choices. In a nutshell, sugar and refined carbs almost immediately put me into a state of depressed ennui and lethargy. On the other hand, eating low-carb or dirty keto puts me into a state of mental agility, optimism, and better physical stamina. If only it was easy to always do the right thing.

In other news, school is starting. Summer is over. For the faculty introduction portion of our welcome-back assembly, Kim has requested that we each send him several pictures of interesting things we did this summer along with our favorite Taylor Swift song as a walk-up song. It's a joke, obviously, except for Josh, who might just be a real Swifty. I have no idea which song to pick or how to send photos of myself that do not exist.

A few pictures:

This little boy is almost three months old already! He is also a chatterbox, which is even more adorable. What I love is how many kisses can fit on those acres of chubby little cheeks.


Pardon the unsightly boxes still on the floor, but this corner of my bedroom used to be a real mess with all my crafting stuff. All of that stuff has since been moved to my new craft room, which used to be Elannah's bedroom, and Husband has installed a slouchy, dark blue leather club chair in the new reading corner. It looks moodier and has more ambience in person, of course, especially when the curtains are drawn at night. 


Gary (left) recently turned 16, so we took him, his long-time friend Molly (in the middle), and his buddy from up the street, JJ (on the right), to an arcade and then lunch in The Big City. Gary was making a funny face here and will be devastated if he ever finds out I posted this photo in my blog. He also needs a haircut, the hippy. 

I must go. I've got a full evening of photoshopping myself into photos of interesting summer activities ahead of me. Also listening to the full anthology of Taylor Swift's songs. Pray for me.


No comments: