Sunday, December 8, 2019

Many Are Cold, But Few Are Frozen

Today I attended the farewell talk of a girl I've known since before she was born. Her mother, my friend Shanna, desperately wanted a second child yet had such a hard time getting and staying pregnant that it was truly a miracle that Taylor was born. I babysat her as an infant all the way until she started school. She and my daughter, Elannah, have been friends their whole lives.

She's been called to serve an LDS mission in the Minnesota Minneapolis Mission, Spanish-speaking. I'm excited because that's my home mission. I grew up knowing the missionaries who served in our branch. It was so common for our family to have missionaries (elders and sisters) over for dinner or for holidays that many of them became like parts of our family. As I grew older, I spent some of my time working with them as they taught people about Jesus Christ and His grace. I also played with them when we had volleyball games once a week. There are some amazing missionaries who have served in that mission, and I'm so blessed to have met them.

Taylor will be heading out to the mission home in Minneapolis after she finishes a few weeks of training at the Missionary Training Center in Provo, Utah. Then she will brave the cold and snow while she finds Spanish-speaking people to talk to. She'll do a fantastic job.

No comments: