Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Blurb. Fun Word.

I landed myself a somewhat permanent assignment with my work, but it is not without pain. The nice thing, of course, is that I can count on earning a certain amount of money each month, which is nice for a freelance writer. The hard thing is that the assignment -- writing 60 blurbs a month about LAP-BAND (registration symbol) and this type of bariatric surgery -- just about kills me. It's enough to make me cry, really, but I like the money. Fortunately, I can take all month to write 60 blurbs, which equals about 3 per each work day. That's much better than when I had to write all 60 in a week. I nearly had a mental breakdown.

Speaking of work, my talented and strangely single brother, Aaron, got promoted. He's now doing SEO work, which is fancy talk for getting stuff the company writes for clients to be seen by web crawlers and put on the first pages of searches. It's why I have to include keywords in the blurbs, articles, web text, and blog posts I write.

Did you know that the most often viewed post I have written is by far was entitled "Amateur Black and White Photography"? It's not saying much to state it is the most oft-viewed post, because I don't get more than a handful of viewers anyway (which is fine with me). Another popular one is about storing wheat in buckets. If I wanted to start another blog and make it specifically informative, I would have an idea of where to take it. That's SEO working. Search Engine Optimization.

I had to catch up on my Lap Band blurbs tonight, and my brain is done. I almost got a picture of the kitchen back splash, but I forgot when the remembering was crucial. If that doesn't make sense, too bad.

1 comment:

Linnea said...

Congratulations!!