Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I Do NOT Have Prescription-Strength Diarrhea!

I have been without a cell phone for a long time. A long, long time. For me, that's been just fine. For anyone trying to get hold of me to tell me something or ask me questions or beg for a ride, it's been irksome. Husband finally remedied this by ordering me a used phone from eBay, a Motorola Razor in hot purple. I wanted a phone I could just flip open and talk on. I don't use a whole lot of functions on a phone except the actual phone. If I could afford an iPhone, I'd get one, but my iTouch works great for everything that doesn't need dialing.

So my phone arrives, and Husband puts my SIM card in and gets it all set up for me (cause if it was left up to me, the phone would sit there for months doing absolutely nothing), and then when I test it out, I find that I can't hear the person to whom I am speaking. The person to whom I am speaking can hear me all right, but I can't hear anything back unless I turn on the speakerphone. It's annoying, and the seller is sending us a refund, but in the meantime, this is what I have.

While I was at Elannah's gymnastics class today, Husband phoned me. I had to turn the speakerphone on, and when I informed him he was on speaker, Husband loudly and obnoxiously yells,

"Hey! I just wanted to remind you to pick up your prescription for diarrhea medicine!!"

Then he laughed and laughed and laughed. See what I have to put up with?

2 comments:

The Father of Five said...

And it was not even April Fool's Day??? I like this Husband character you talk about!!

A winner in my book for sure!!

Erin said...

you're KILLIN me!!! :-) Love it.