Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Counting a Few Blessings

I'm having a great day. It's not anything specific, but I have an overall feeling of joy. Joseph does NOT seem to have pneumonia and is steadily improving. I've got my tunes on and I stop intermittently to dance. I've got things to look forward to. My toe and fingernails are painted a decent, grown-up color.

The snow is melting and the weather forecast says it will be somewhat warm today. I redesigned Elannah's gymnastics studio in my head yesterday (it will only cost hundreds of thousands to build the improvements I have imagined, but when you're dreaming, money is no object). I've got great friends. I am successfully turning down sugar left and right. The cats are funny. I played the piano for quite a while this morning. I intend to pull out my cello later.

My mom just called and asked if I'd look up some draperies for her on the internet. My grandmother is moving in with my mom and dad, and Mom's busy getting the house ready for her to begin living there as of this Friday.

Once I manage to plan and execute dinner in a timely fashion, this day will be pretty much perfect.

2 comments:

motherof8 said...

Ah, the bountiful tender mercies of a joyous day and a grateful heart! Many you have many such days!

Linnea said...

Love days like that!