Thursday, October 7, 2010

I Need Your Opinion as Long as It's the Correct Opinion

Update on Husband: I think this might be my last update for a while. Things are looking very, very good. Today, we went into The Big City for a doctor's follow-up visit, and learned that his blood counts are improving. His platelets leaped up by 30,000, though his hemoglobin remained the same and his white blood cell count actually dropped. The reason it dropped is because we finished the shots of Neupogen, which were inspiring his bone marrow to produce white blood cells far faster than it would have if left to its own devices. Now that the bone marrow is on its own, it will begin finding that natural balance again. The count is still high enough that the doctor told Husband to quit taking the two antibiotics he's been on.


Su-WEET!


......................

I was wearing one of my favorite necklaces today. I love necklaces. I could probably spend thousands of dollars on necklaces. I don't wear watches, bracelets, or earrings (my ears aren't pierced. I know! What century do I live in??), but I loves me a great necklace. I prefer necklaces that are shorter, as I don't find the long dangly kind all that flattering on me. Shorter necklaces draw the eyes up.


Anyway, while we were sitting in the lobby, waiting for Husband's doctor appointment, Husband jokingly told me that my necklace looked like someone had slashed my throat and I was bleeding silver blood.

I ask you this: should I have hit him right there in full view of various cancer patients or is he right? Personally, I like wearing the necklace because it's sparkly. I'm like a monkey or a raccoon that way.

[Author's Note: Husband was joking, honestly. I feel I need to point that out just so no one thinks he's some kind of jerk. He tells me every day that he thinks I'm beautiful and how lucky he is to be married to me. Poor, sweet, deluded man.]

6 comments:

Kimara said...

Hooray for Husband! I think you should have hit him...cancer isn't a freebee to get away with more!lol I like necklaces too!

Mama Williams said...

I think that was the perfect opportunity to get ANOTHER necklace! His treat! ;)

LeShel said...

I can't believe that I haven't kept up on your blog. Your family is in my prayers.

Now, for the necklace.... I'm thinking like Willy Happy Mama and if he's got a problem with the necklace he should definitely replace it!

LOVE YOU

Lyn Milne said...

Love the necklace (although now that it's pointed out, I can see what Husband means. What has he been watching lately?). I wonder how the necklace would look with a v-neck top? It seems to have a v-neck conformation, but maybe it's just the picture.

Eva Aurora said...

Thanks, ladies. And thanks, LeShel, for the love.

Lyn, I don't know that I can ever wear it without thinking about throat slashing now, either. I know what you mean about the v-neck, but I was experimenting with a t-shirt I love wearing (organic cotton and light as a feather). I do have a v-neck I'll try it with. I did have a doctor stop in the middle of a sentence and say, "That is a beautiful necklace," and then proceed with medical talk. It was heartening.

motherof8 said...

Great news about Husband's health!

No opinion on the necklace. ; )

Except, no, don't hit him except maybe up for a necklace you both like.