Thursday, May 7, 2009

Worst Movie Ever: Junior High School

MKShelley found the worst book ever. She's kindly sending it to me so I can have my own eyeballs seared out of my head with bad writing. To return the favor, I'm posting some clips of the worst movie ever made: Junior High School.

Filmed in 1978, this musical stars P. David Ebersol as Jerry, a new 7th grader who falls in love with Lori, the prettiest blond haired, bad actress, no-bra-wearing girl at school. Jerry wants to ask Lori to the big party (which is being thrown by none other than a teenage Paula Abdul!), but is having a hard time popping the question.

This movie was the source of much entertainment and hilarity during my teen years. Whole nights were dedicated to mocking it. I know that when you watch these clips you will want the DVD. I don't know if you can get the DVD. I do know that you can buy the VHS tape for $295.00 from Amazon.com. Sigh. I should have kept my copy.

"Party" clip (starring Paula!)




"Do As I Say" Clip. Jerry's best friend gives Jerry some sound advice. I especially love the part at the end of the song where they stand and only arouse the attention of the teacher. In this clip you will meet Lori.



Get ready to do a hoe-down! And ooooh, don't you just want to smack that Vicki?



Jock strap instructions, and Paula does jumping jacks.



Legalized torture.




"Shhhh" Clip.



Poor Jerry. Just hang on, little guy. Good news will come. (Try not to throw up at the suspense here.)



The Finale. Didn't every junior high school drama end up so nicely when you were that age? And Keith finally gets what's coming to him! (Sophia, Child Three, made me rewind and watch Keith's reaction about 10 times just so she could laugh hard enough to stop breathing.)



Hope you enjoyed that. Don't worry: you're eyeballs will be back to normal in about 48 hours.

10 comments:

Kimara said...

Yikes! I must have missed this one the first time around...thank goodness!!! Either that or I just can't remember. I love those dance moves and hairstyles. I have several pictures of me about 7-9 years old with that hair and the shirt(plaid one on the first clip!) Wow I wonder who will be doing the remake? lol Thanks for sharing!
PS I didn't comment on your last post about back in black! YOu are doing awesome. I have only known you slim so I am sure that you have always looked beautiful. It feels good to see a difference when you work so hard! congrats!!!

The Father of Five said...

What do you mean? Wasn't YOUR "junior high experience" just like that?? It seemed remarkably familiar to me!

David S. said...

I haven't even finished watching the first clip, and I'm already madly in love with this movie. Thank you.

I do have to dispute the title of "Worst Movie Ever," though. That rightfully belongs to "Manos: Hands of Fate." It's a low-budget horror flick about a family that gets lost during a drive in Texas and stumbles onto the mouth of Hell (and its caretaker, Torgo, who has big knees).

MKShelley said...

Did they HAVE to name the Physical Education teacher Van Dyke? Really???

And since when are the nerds the bullies? (thinking of briefcase boy)

And Paula... who knew she had such a big nose... clearly some work has been done... and how is it that she's skinnier now than she was in jr high?

And my FAVORITE part??? Definitely the fact that Paula had such a teeny tiny role =).

MKShelley said...

Oh, and also, I just remembered the name of the movie that haunted my pre-teen years... as in... i literally had numerous nightmares about being trapped in this movie...

"Nothing But Trouble" starring Dan Akroid, John Candy, Demi Moore, and some other guy I can't remember...

WATCH IT!

Eva Aurora said...

Kimara: Thank you. The ol' metabolism gave out after the third baby and now I'm trying to kick start it again.

FOF: No. Absolutely not. I wore a bra.

David S.: I'm always glad to bring a little more joy into your life. Thank you for the tip. I will watch that movie right away. The big knees thing is a total selling point.

MKShelley: That movie sounds familiar. Maybe I had similar nightmares and I'm just repressing them. I will have to watch that movie again.

The Father of Five said...

Hmm... Well, I'll trust you on your factoid...

I was thinking more along the line of the singing and dancing, and over-the-top 70's dramatics! (snicker)

Eva Aurora said...

FOF: Hee hee. I know.

But seriously, who DIDN'T dance and sing spontaneously with the joy of attending junior high school?

Marco Bellini said...

Oh my... my son is in 7th grade. I am now scared out of my pants.

So if you go to amazon, do they pay you $295 to remove a copy from their warehouse?

I am under shock. I thought I was done with culture shock the first time I moved to the states.

Musical Melodie said...

somehow that reminds me of the movie West Side Story. I think it was because of the sponaneous dancing numbers. How long have these kids been acting?? I thought this was a real life story... :)