Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Q Time

 It's after 1pm and I only recently got dressed. That's okay because 1pm in Q Time (Quarantine Time) is 9am in regular time, so I don't count myself as lazy. 

Yes, Husband tested positive. He spent a long time yesterday, after receiving the test results, trying to find out the school district's current policy on how long he needs to quarantine. It was surprisingly difficult to figure that out. Even his principal was getting the runaround for that information as people kept passing him along to someone else who might know. Turns out no one really knows what's going on, which has pretty much been the theme of the years 2020 and 2021, no?

Anyway, the answer appears to be that Husband has to quarantine for ten days from the onset of symptoms. Unfortunately, Sophia and Elannah, who also work for the school district, have to quarantine for at least ten days from the testing day--not the onset of Husband's symptoms--and have to have a negative test result to return. Husband has sick leave he can use, but the rest of us won't get paid for being in quarantine. It's all very annoying in both the financial and the social senses. There was definitely some whining going on from some people (I won't name any names) who had boyfriends/fiancés on Valentine's Day.

Husband is making a slow recovery, but he has not felt well at all. It's like a flu with a low-grade fever, aches and pains, chills, and headache. At least he hasn't lost his sense of taste or smell. I had a painful earache for a couple days, but that's the only thing that has happened to me so far (knock wood). I sprayed colloidal silver into my ear several times, and now my ear is back to normal, so I'm hoping I have escaped anything worse. I very rarely get ill despite my continued weakness for ginger and lime Diet Coke (which they are making again, hallelujah!). None of the kids has had any symptoms at all.

As a teacher, Husband could have taken the vaccine, but he and I have both chosen not to. I guess Husband will now have natural immunity. I will not go into a rant about how useless it appears taking a largely untested vaccine would be given that nothing will change on the mask-wearing and distancing fronts for the long term according to experts such as Dr. Anthony "I flip-flop on everything I've ever said about Covid" Fauci. I'm so tired of politics. I'm so very, very tired of it all. 

On the positive side, I feel very rested lately.

No comments: