Thursday, February 25, 2021

I Have a Little Too Much Time on My Hands at the Moment

 In a delightful turn of events, my 2 1/2-year-old grandson, Tyler, has learned how to send me Marco Polo video messages without his mother helping him. Sometimes, his mother isn't even aware that he's sending them. Today I got one such message, and I'm still giggling about it. He couldn't figure out how to turn the camera to face him, so I got a very up-close and personal look at his chubby little leg as he sat on the couch, but I heard him say over and over in his chirpy little voice, "Hi, Nanna! Hi! Hi, Nanna!" Then he must have realized his Mommy was coming back because he said, "Oh!" and the video ended. 

I immediately sent him a return video and gave him high-fives and fist bumps, which he loves. Sian says he often asks to re-watch videos from me. Could I be more in love with that adorable, precocious, mischievous baby? 

In an undelightful turn of events, my boss informed me that he had been mistaken in telling me I only had to wait four days after the last of Husband's symptoms before getting tested and returning to work. It's actually seven days, which means I can't go back until next week. Meanwhile, Husband, who actually had Covid, started back to work yesterday. I still don't have any symptoms (and neither has anyone else), and both Elannah and Joseph have already tested negative and can return to work. 

I am keeping myself busy by doing as much of my administrative assistant duties as I can from home. In my quiet moments, I do some editing and writing for Marco's website. I'm slowly getting my brain back into the content writing mode, remembering what I need to do for SEO and the algorithms. Marco is very good at cranking out content on a daily basis, and I'm good at editing. Sometimes I overthink the writing part, so when I'm mentally bogged down, I switch it up and do some editing. Marco can get content out quickly--and I'm very impressed with his ability to write so well in a non-native language (his native language is Italian)--but I'm still better at English grammar and sentence structure, so my editing powers come in handy at making the content more coherent and flowing. He's happy with my work, so we're good. I don't want to step on his toes.

I found some old photos. 

A webcam image from around 2010, when I first started my foray into content/website writing for a now defunct company. I had to talk to clients on the phone to understand exactly what information they wanted on their website pages--thus the headset. Gosh, I look young!


Also circa 2010-2011: Little Gary and his mama. Even though he is currently 13, Little Gary is still a very affectionate son. 

And here's a recent video of Tyler. Elannah had been delighting him by playing peek-a-boo and startling him, which he loves. After she was done, Little Gary kept up the game, but by that point, Tyler was only doing the courtesy laughs even though he was trying his best to sound very sincere. Sian told us that when Tyler laughs, he often shouts, "Nanna and Grampy!" so it sounds like he's contributing to the conversation. Of course, I'm delighted with that.



No comments: