Saturday, May 9, 2020

Announcement!

Guess what!

I got the job!

I got a call yesterday morning from the head honcho (days sooner than I expected), and he told me that I was their first pick of all sixteen applicants; that they loved my interview and thought I was very qualified, articulate, and personable; and they were really excited to extend to me the position of administrative assistant at the larger of the two seminaries.

Well, if I was inclined to get a big head, that would do it. Fortunately for all around me, I'm too frequently filled with self-doubt to become insufferable, but, yesterday, I allowed myself to feel very pleased with myself and bask in a little glow of gratitude and excitement.

I haven't announced my new job publicly, except here. Only my family and a couple close friends know. It's not a big secret or anything, but I was politely asked to not announce it for a day or so so that other applicants wouldn't find out they didn't get the job via social media before they were able to read the email telling them the position had been filled. But you know me and social media announcements: not likely to happen. For now, dear reader, you are one of the very few privileged with this information (read my gently self-deprecating sarcasm).

In other news, I attended a mission reunion this morning via Zoom. It was a lot of fun to see old friends from all over the country and the world, including the Swedish mission companion I mentioned a few posts back. The mission president and his wife were eventually able to figure out the technology and get onto the meeting, and they stayed online for a good forty minutes before their internet abruptly cut out. By that time, the reunion had already lasted a couple hours, so we just said good-bye to each other and scheduled another reunion in three weeks. Isn't technology wonderful? Visiting with people from all over the world whom you haven't seen in nearly thirty years can eventually become boring and passé!

We take so much for granted.

Okay, gotta go. I'm making Swedish meatballs and roasted lemon-parmesan cauliflower for dinner (Elannah's request), and I still have to plant the rose bush Husband and I bought yesterday. I'll take pics and post them soon.




No comments: