Thursday, October 10, 2019

Food for Thought

I admire both Jordan Peterson and Dennis Prager. This interview of Jordan Peterson by Dennis Prager is a must-watch. It is profound. Peterson can take concepts I have had floating around nebulously in my brain and articulate them so clearly that all I can do is nod in agreement.

One thing they talk about is the idea that one cannot be truly happy unless one has endured trauma or has recognized the darkness in one's own soul and chosen to feed the light. This is something I've thought about for years, this concept of the potential for evil each person carries with them. I have looked into my own soul and seen the horrors that I could perpetrate were I to feed that part of myself. It scares me sometimes how monstrous I could become if I turned my back on Christ and quit trying to be what He would want me to be. Peterson talks about feeling gratitude every day for the fact that we, as humans, don't act like animals and rip each other apart (for the most part). I'm very grateful for a better way than living like an animal.

Anyway, enjoy!




No comments: