Tuesday, November 6, 2018

The Colors of My World

You know how sometimes you crave a certain food or to hear a specific piece of music? Do you also ever crave seeing a specific color? I do. Sometimes, I really, really need to look at a specific color, and when I finally do, I feel deeply calm and satisfied, like the right key has been turned in the right lock (that's the only way I can think to describe the feeling). For a long time now, it's been indigo.

I cannot get enough of indigo.



But yesterday, I really needed to see orange.




I told my bus aide that I often crave seeing certain colors, and she looked at me like I was a little nuts, so maybe other people don't crave colors the way I do.

In other news, I am happy to report that my health issues seem to have largely resolved, so I'm glad I didn't go ahead with a bunch of expensive tests. I'm also taking a quality fish oil that includes vitamin D3, and that has really helped ease the fatigue.

As for looking less like a beached whale, I'm still losing inches even if the scale doesn't drop a lot at the moment. I suddenly lost another pants size and had to go out and buy a couple pairs of jeans to replace the ones that were now sagging off me, and now those are getting baggy--and yet the scale hasn't really budged. I'm not complaining, mind you. Trying on clothing has become a lot more fun lately--even in dressing rooms with terrible lighting.

I have a hard time eating carbs anymore, and that includes vegetables. I got through the entire Halloween season without eating one piece of candy. We bought the good stuff for trick-or-treaters and we were left with an entire bowl of it because trick-or-treaters are becoming more scarce every year. Usually, Reese's peanut butter cups are my kryptonite, but I couldn't be bothered to cheat even once, even while the bowl sat on the coffee table for several days before everything was finally consumed. Personal victory? Godly miracle? Both? You decide.

I'm supposed to eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours to keep my blood sugar and insulin levels steady (and I am convinced that that is what has made this program so successful for me), and I'm supposed to eat between five and seven ounces of protein and between 1 1/2 to 3 cups of vegetables, depending on the type of veggie I'm having. I often get to my meal and can only eat the meat before I'm full and can't face the veggies. I've almost become fully carnivore. And yet the inches are melting away, and I'm sure I'm building muscle tissue, which would explain why the scale doesn't go down as quickly as I expect it to.

Before I go, here is another picture of my grandson for your viewing pleasure. His parents got the go-ahead from the pediatrician to switch to a tastier formula now that his liver issues seem to be nonexistent, and he's been chugging it down like he was starving. He's now over nine pounds, the little dumpling!



Edit: I just want to clarify that I am not eating a lot of food multiple times a day. Every 2 12/ to 3 hours I eat small "fuelings," as they're called, that are around 110 calories each, and I eat my protein and carbs in a meal, although I can split it up throughout the day if I like. And I drink lots and lots of water.

1 comment:

The Father of Five said...

ADORABLE little fella!!

Congrats on the eating plan and progress!!

FOF.