Thursday, November 8, 2018

It's Official: I Am a Certified Genius

I was reading Lew Rockwell dot com, and one of the articles linked to a quiz to find out if you're a genius. I've never had an IQ test, but I've always assumed, based on empirical evidence, that I'm of fairly average intelligence: not too high and not too low.

Imagine my surprise when I scored 100% on this quiz, designed to identify those highly intelligent people with excellent long-term memory.

Well, well.

I'm going to have to boost my self-opinion post-haste (which is a slightly shortened term originally used to notify postal carriers that a letter required urgent delivery)! Just because I found the test incredibly easy and full of trivia questions doesn't mean I'm not necessarily a total genius! A super genius!



On the other hand, I did forget to pick up one of my preschoolers on Tuesday. Just clean forgot. His mom had to bring him to school.

Also, on Sunday, a woman came up to me and said, "Do you remember the spiritual significance of the Cedars of Lebanon that you talked about a few years ago?"

I looked at her like she was from another planet.

"I talked about the spiritual significance of the Cedars of Lebanon? In relation to the construction of Solomon's temple? Was I the Sunday School teacher at the time?" I asked, sure she must be mistaking me for someone else, even though I was the Sunday School teacher at the time. I have no memory of that particular lesson, however. None.

"Yes. It was when you were teaching the Old Testament. I was thinking about what you said, and it was really profound, so I wanted to get my facts straight."

Uh-oh. I was really profound and I have no memory of it? Dang! I told her I would look it up and get back to her. I have gone back and done some research, and I'm still wondering what profound things I said about the Cedars of Lebanon.

Based on this (and other) evidence, I plan on easing gently into the notion of my geniusness rather than going around announcing it to everyone just yet. In the meantime, I'll remain, dear reader, a humble servant of knowledge absorbed with what I now understand to be my very high IQ. At some point, I expect the super genius effect to kick in, and then it's gonna get all fun up in here!

No comments: