Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Is Human History Stranger Than You Ever Imagined?

Today, something that will blow your mind. I'm not making any comments on the theory of evolution, nor am I stating that I have done any of the research required to back up what this man is saying. But I have always wondered about the other people that were obviously already on the earth after Adam and Eve were forced to leave the Garden of Eden. I have also speculated privately to myself that instead of evolving we have actually devolved. The story of the creation in Genesis is so vague, in my opinion, because of two possibilities: a) we do not currently possess the knowledge that would allow us understand the mechanics of the creation story, and because of our infancy in that regard, the story is necessarily lacking in details; and b) having that knowledge--coupled with our extremely predictable human nature--could result in catastrophe until we have learned to control the "natural man," both individually and collectively as a species.

One thing I have noticed as I travel from one Relief Society lesson to the next on a given Sunday (I do this because of my calling in church), is that people tend to make the same comments and come to the same conclusions in each class--sometimes even using the same words. Yes, the class is taught within a very specific culture, so that is natural, but I'm sure you have noticed the same sort of thing in more general arenas. I think this can be extrapolated, to a certain degree, to all of humanity. As a species, we tend to come to the same conclusions in various societies and civilizations, even when separated by time or distance. We cycle, so to speak, along a finite spectrum of knowledge and technology. If you have ever wondered if the Bible was literal when it talks about our society being much like the society and civilization that existed before the Great Flood, this video will make the hair on the back of your neck stand on end. Really interesting stuff here. I would love to do some research and find all of the evidence that the speaker refers to so I can test his ideas for truth.

{{{ Archaeology's Surprising Revelations}}} from BRUCE TIMPANY on Vimeo.

1 comment:

John Markham said...

Nowhere in the Bible (or elsewhere) does it state that Adam and Eve's first son was Cain. In fact it mentions that Seth (the first-named after Cain and Abel) was born 130 years after the Fall. If Adam and Eve were healthy, they would have had many children in their first 130 years on the Earth. And surely they multiplied QUICKLY when disease and death were rare and lifetimes were extremely long. So other peoples and towns probably existed by time Cain was sent away and Cain would have found a wife from among them.