Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Family Portrait Time

One of the neighbor girls is doing a project for Young Women. She asked if anyone wanted to have their family photos taken, and since she's an excellent photographer and we hadn't had a family portrait taken since just before Joseph was going to be born (and yes, I looked incredibly fat and bloated at nine months. Not my favorite pic of all time), I was intrigued. So I swallowed my vanity, told myself that it is stupid to wait until that mythical time when I'm my ideal weight again, and volunteered our family. Here are some of the results.


Back row, from left to right: Sophia (14), Sian (18), Little Gary (just turned 6), me, and Husband.
Front row, left to right: Joseph (9), Elannah (12), and Gabrielle (16).


My kids.


There is a big fire burning on the other side of the western mountains, so the light during the day is this lovely golden shade as the sun shines through the billows of smoke. In this case, the sun was also just beginning to touch the top of the western mountains on its slide into night.


We look so relaxed, as if we always get our photo taken. The reality was that Joseph and Little Gary weren't all that cooperative, and Marmite the Dog, who didn't want to be left behind, kept trying to climb on everyone. But our neighbor was very patient and now we have a new crop of family portraits to enjoy.

No comments: