Monday, September 19, 2022

Impossible Dreams

 My brain concocted a brilliant idea in my dream last night: bathroom stalls with digital screens that light up with the name of the person in the stall next to you so you can have a conversation .

Amazing, right? How is using the potty in a public bathroom not the best way to meet new people and make new friends ? 

For some reason, right before I woke up, and as I was walking out of the dream bathroom, I heard Hannibal Lecter say, "Hello, Clarice," and my dream self thought that was hilarious. 

My subconscious is a weird, wild place.

So, it's been a week since I received hormone pellets (mostly testosterone and a little estradiol). I'm trying to be patient, but absolutely nothing has changed. I'm still fatigued and the weight hasn't magically started to drop off. I actually didn't expect the weight to fall off without effort, though it was a lovely little fantasy. What I was really looking forward to was increased energy, and I'm disappointed, to say the least. Obviously, I need to give it time and see what happens as it's only been a week; but if I paid a lot of money for something that didn't work for me (I sound whiny when I say this, but why do these things work for others and never for me?), and if future pellets also bring about no change, I'm going to be so horribly disappointed that I will never, ever see a doctor again. 

Now that I've voiced my little temper tantrum, it's time to go to bed. Good night, dear reader. May your dreams reveal the best and brightest of your hopes and yield the same brilliant bursts of inspiration as mine do.


No comments: