Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Mother's Day

 Sunday was Mother's Day, and I was surrounded by almost all my children, my grandsons, my parents, and a couple brothers and a sister (and her SO). It was wonderful. Gabrielle and her husband were sick, which was sad, but I talked to them on the phone.

Little Tyler in a British bobby's helmet

Sleeping angel Nick

Nicholas did wake up after an hour or so and spent a lot of time smiling and cooing, which was absolutely adorable. 

I made sure my mom just sat down the whole time. Her broken foot is still healing, and I didn't want her to feel any guilt for not being able to assist me in the kitchen, so I chose something really easy to make for dinner: crispy black bean tacos and Spanish rice. You can make a lot of tacos and rice in a very short amount of time, and since people were showing up at different times, we just had sort of a constant buffet going. As usual, my living room wasn't large enough to contain the number of people our family has grown into, but that meant that there was lots of talking and laughter and eating in close quarters, which, I think, just forces everyone to socialize. We all get along very well (I'm very blessed to be able to look forward to family functions!), and I was a happy mama/sister/daughter. 

No comments: