Monday, October 18, 2021

First World Problems

 A couple days ago, I was craving the chocolate cake from the movie Mathilda

If you've seen that movie, you know exactly what I mean.


So, because none of the grocery store options appealed to me, I made a moist, dense three-layer chocolate cake covered in chocolate cream cheese frosting--all from scratch. When I finally got it all assembled and frosted, it was so tall that I couldn't put the glass lid back on the cake stand. 

I keep forgetting that I only have two kids left at home now that Elannah went into the MTC this past week. It's too much cake. I doubt we'll be able to finish it off before it goes bad, which would not have been an issue five or six years ago. I'm not sure if I'm complaining or what. Who complains about too much chocolate cake?


No comments: