Monday, February 11, 2019

Ich Habe Meine Neues Lieblingsbuch Gefunden!

There must be a German word for the feeling of finding the latest addition to one of your favorite series by one of your favorite authors sitting on the new arrivals shelf at your local public library. The Germans have some good words for these kinds of things. If you know of this one, please tell me because it needs to get into my lexicon.

As it is, one of the very friendly and indulgent librarians had to put up with me dancing around a bit with the book in my hands.

The book to which I am referring is Alan Bradley's newest Flavia de Luce novel, The Golden Tresses of the Dead.



I tried to read it slowly. I really did. I savored it and made myself wait until bedtime each day before picking it up, but I was still done in three evenings. Too fast. Too fast.

No comments: