Sunday, July 29, 2018

Renewed Motivation

I hate photos of myself. Sure, when I was a young, fit thing I didn't mind the photos so much; but as a middle-aged woman who is fighting the weight battle, photos of myself make me feel ill. These are no exception.

However, I needed some renewed motivation. I've lost nearly 40 pounds since the middle of March, 2018, and I'm thrilled with that. I honestly can't believe I've managed to lose this much! I have my health coach to thank, because without her dedication and selfless interest in my success, I would never have started losing weight in the first place. Instead, I would still be lamenting my fatness but failing to do anything about it.

The problem with summer, though, is that my schedule is completely open. Both Husband and I have the summers off because we work for the school district (and I still haven't gotten around to finding another writing job), so with family visiting from the U.K., a short vacation to Southern Utah (because when it's hot, why not go somewhere even hotter?), and all the staying up late and sleeping in late I've been doing, I've been way too tempted with foods I shouldn't be eating. I'm stalled at the moment--losing and gaining the same two pounds for the last several weeks. I thought a comparison photo would be a good way to see the progress I've made while also facing how much weight I still have to lose.

It's working. I do feel motivated to renew my efforts. Plus, I'm not wearing that blue shirt again until I've reached my goal. Spandex/rayon blends are unforgiving.

On the left: at Sian's wedding last August.
On the right: today.


No comments: