Wednesday, January 17, 2018

A Thrilling Announcement

I'm going to be a grandma.

What a strange mixture of joy and worry that announcement has brought. I'm so happy to be a grandmother to new, precious children of my children. My grandchildren are going to know their grandparents love them to pieces.

But of course I worry for my daughter, too. You never stop being a mother, either. I hope and pray my daughter will be okay. The poor girl is so nauseated all the time. If she's like me, she'll be throwing up for the entire nine months of pregnancy, which doesn't make pregnancy all that pleasant. Fortunately, the end result makes it worth it.

Anyway, the happy announcement came in the form of a phone call from my daughter and son-in-law on Christmas Day because they were spending the holiday with Nathan's parents (we got them for Thanksgiving). Best. Christmas. Present. Ever. I cried. Of course I cried.

Sian is due on September 3rd. I have until then to buy all the onesies and make all the baby blankets Sian will ever need for an army of children.

2 comments:

The Father of Five said...

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! ! !

That wee one just hit the "Grandparents Jackpot"!!

Prayers for Sian, Nathan, and baby!

Eva Aurora said...

Thank you, FOF!