Monday, June 29, 2009

Dumpster Day

Today was Dumpster Day, that eagerly anticipated day in summer when the county puts dumpsters up and down the streets of our neighborhood. Without regaling you with a list of junk we shoved in there, just know our house is about 20 tons lighter. I got my workout in (skipped it this morning) and got a lot of Vitamin D from the sunshine.

Last night we finally got Joseph's bed into his room and Husband dismantled Little Gary's crib. Gary inherited Joseph's toddler bed. Of course, Gary took a long, late nap while I was at a baptism last night, so by the time bedtime rolled around, not only was he not tired but he figured out very quickly that he could get up and come out of his room. Finally, tired of sitting futilely by his bed and holding his hand in an effort to get him to sleep, I brought him into my room. Husband promptly took his pillow to the couch in the living room so he could get some sleep, and I tried to keep my eyes open during a viewing of "Ice Age." It wasn't until 1 AM that Gary decided he was ready to go to bed. Of course, he woke up on the floor this morning. It takes a while to get used to a bed that doesn't have bars.

That's why I skipped my workout. Too tired. Moving like mud. No motivation.

Now we're off to listen to Sian's orchestra perform in the park. We'll have a picnic dinner and the kids can play for a couple hours in the cool of the evening.

5 comments:

Lyn Milne said...

Ilove your new profile pic!

Allyson said...

I used to LOVE dumpster day. It was always one of my favorite days. I wish they did that here.

You look great! Have you lost weight?

Kimara said...

I learned something new, never heard of dumpster day! I remember that London had a really hard time moving from her crib as well. I finally put a hook on her door so she couldn't get out and took it off when I went to bed :0)

Eva Aurora said...

Lyn and Allyson: Thanks! I have lost weight and inches, and I have even allowed my picture to be taken several times. That's a big step for me.

Kimara: Ha ha! The lengths we go to! I had a friend who wandered all over the house when he was little. His parents finally tied his foot to the bedpost to keep him from wandering somewhere dangerous. They stopped doing it when he raised up his little foot at night for the rope. Still, we get desperate as parents, don't we?

motherof8 said...

I wish we had Dumpster Day!

Congrats how your great new look and improved health. An inspiration I hope to follow - at least a little.